Product Design

Steele Inc.

We’re designers and engineers working together to design new products.

Industrial

Design

Concept design, clay modeling, 3D modeling, and preliminary rendering.

CAD Design

2D drafting, 3D modeling, rendering, and documentation.

Rendering

Texture design, lighting, image, and animation.

Product Photography

High res images, video, post editing, and compositions.

User Experience Design

GUI, behavior flows, pyschological based design, and user interface.

Market Strategy

Market research, competitive analysis, strategy, and partnership.

Brand Design

Logo design, graphic design, marketing strategy and implementation.

Web Development

Front end, back end, user experience and SEO.

Our Services

Mechanical Engineering

Form factors, materials, systems, and mechatronics.

CAD Development

2D drafting, 3D modeling, rendering, and documentation.

FEA & CFD Analysis

Fluid, particle, stress, and environment simulations.

Manufacturing Design

Injection molding, CNC machining, and assembly processes.

Electrical Engineering

Embedded systems, automation, low energy, and wireless. 

PCB Design

Multi-layer, flex circuits, rigid, and single/double sided.  

Software & Firmware

Low energy, MEMS, bluetooth, and mobile app.    

Testing & Certification

FCC, UL, CE, and RhOS

Design Philosophy

Working with us to develop your product brings unparalleled advantages.

Design is the Foundation

Design aesthetic is always our top priority and the foundation for the entire project.

Our ratio tends to be somewhere around 60/40. 60 percent of our concern is the design of the product. The way it looks and the way the user experiences it. The other 40 percent is engineering effort. The innerworkings and features of a product. Over engineering is a bad thing and so is designing something that just looks pretty. At Steele, engineering decisions are made to serve design specifications instead of the other way around.

 

Intuitive Interface

We strive to make products instantly understood.

There shouldn’t need to be a manual. There shouldn’t need to be a tutorial. We design products to be familiar and intuitive where they can pick it up and say “this is probably how it works” and be they’d be right. This ideal let’s them just get straight to what they’re supposed to be doing: Enjoying the product and the experience it provides.

 

Purpose Driven

Every curve, line, and surface has a purpose. Nothing is there that isn’t supposed to be.

One thing that all of our designs have in common is that everything was put there for a specific purpose. There is a reason for every curve, line, and surface. Our artistic decisions are motivated by our engineering and real world variables. Nothing is arbitrarily added.

 

Emotional Connection

People’s buying decisions have more to do with emotion than tech specs.

It’s important to keep in mind that living, breathing people are buying your product. This means that we need to design in a way that feels natural and cohesive to the human condition, expectations, and psychological needs. When we do this, we have something that creates an emotional connection, the most profitable connection you can ever have.

 

Minimize Features

We believe in quality over quantity. Core features should speak loudly.

Increasing the number of benefits or features a product provides is all well and good but not at the cost of detracting from the larger and more important ones. A jack of all trades and a master of none is never a good thing.

 

Work with Physics

We let physics do the work wherever possible. 

Why fight nature? Why add components, parts, assemblies, and contraptions to fight physics? Instead, we work with physics. For instance, we might use a products ability to flex rather than a spring mechanism. We’ll use a putter’s moment of inertia and displacement of weight to move a golf ball; Not solely the user’s momentum or stroke.

See how we can develop your product